1731 Connecticut Ave NW
• Are you tired of rants or endless debates that go nowhere and wondering how to be a more effective advocate?
• Do you find yourself exhausted, burnt-out, or discouraged with the current political situation while trying to make the change you are longing for?
If you responded YES to any or all of these, come and join us for a transformative day among women to recharge, find your powerful voice, and (re)claim what your heart knows is needed most in the world. This workshop is designed for women who identify as change-makers or activists, aware of the privileges in themselves and power differentials in our community and who are searching for new ways to be a part of the broader movement for change.
… It’s for YOU if you want to transform and contribute to social justice out of CARE, not out of shame
… It’s for YOU if you want to channel the real frustration, anger, disappointment feelings into creative and transforming force that connects across differences
… It’s for YOU if you have ever questioned some of the derogatory chants and messages from one “party” to “the other”
…. It’s for YOU if you feel tired of debates and conversations that further increase divides and you are looking for “another way” but can’t quite seem to put your finger (or heart) on it
…. It’s for YOU if you truly believe that building relationship and trust across divisive lines WHILE staying true to yourself is our best chance at lasting peace and equality.
We believe in and envision a world where women raise their powerful voices to bring about deep social change that cares for everyone with awareness of power differentials and implicit biases – while honoring their own internal processes, journeys and emotions. We believe nonviolent resistance and language is the most transforming approach to create lasting change.
JOIN THE NONVIOLENT DISRUPTION TO CREATE LASTING CHANGE THAT ACCOUNTS FOR EVERYONE
Integrating years of nonviolent and collaborative communication, interpersonal neurobiology and brain science, empowerment coaching, restorative justice and practical experiences in the fields of women’s rights and social justice, the two facilitators, Mali Parke and Leora Ward will co-create with you a day of group sharing and exploration, inner resourcing, and skills building.
In this workshop
– You’ll learn both the neuroscience behind and get to experience the journey of our own nervous and collective systems when faced with a sense of “wrongness” that comes in the forms of an un-met value or deep human need.
– You’ll learn practices to identify and clarify your own and the collective motivations or needs at play in order to powerfully name your deepest truth.
– You’ll learn how to find strength and sustained energy to stand true to yourself in the face of the enormity of the systemic changes you are looking for, or while experiencing hesitation, discouragement, anger, frustration or anxiety.
– Most importantly, you’ll learn personal and systemic communication skills so that you can be a fierce AND caring activist who can be an effective part of the change to end all forms of oppression and discrimination.
This all-day workshop is geared towards women* activists who are looking to make sustainable and impactful change in the Washington, DC area and wider world. We will learn how to elevate our most powerful voices while creating entry points for them to be heard and make the impact you are looking for.
*While we value and long to work with everyone beyond gender definition and identification, we intend to create a special experience for those identifying as women to offer a space that caters to the unique reality of being a women voice in the world of today. We work on our own and will raise awareness of inter-sectionality of discrimination, oppression and implicit biases to include the variety of experiences and identities that will be present.
Please inquire with Mali or Leora about tuition relief and support if needed. We really value sharing this work beyond obstacles.